Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have multiple openings for continuing undergraduate, graduate and recent graduates within one year to have the opportunity to engage in practical research experience to further their educational goals. You will provide technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computational engineering, or other related fields.
These positions are within the Engineering Directorate.
At the Undergraduate Level (Non-Exempt):
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, computer science, or a related field.
- Ability to apply basic engineering or scientific principles to solve technical problems.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts, ideas, research project(s), document work, and give a technical talk/presentation.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In Addition at the Graduate and Recent Grad Level (Exempt):
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing a graduate degree or a recent graduate within one year.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in an engineering or scientific curriculum.
- Experience applying advanced engineering or scientific principles to solve technical problems.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Anticipated Clearance Level: None.
Note: This is a Temporary Student Intern appointment. This assignment is for a full-time position during the summer academic break; a co-op position, full-time during the academic semester/quarter, or a year-round part-time position during the academic year and full time during academic breaks.) Refer to the Scholar Program website at https://scholars.llnl.gov/ for additional student employment information.
Salaries are based on student academic level.
Selected applicants will be required to provide transcripts.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search process.
Find out about future opportunities by registering your details with us.
Just upload your resume and complete a few simple questions about the type of position you are looking for. Once your profile is complete, our recruiting team will be able to match you to suitable roles.
We look forward to staying connected with you!