Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Animation/Multimedia Post College Appointee (PCA). You will develop moderate to complex multimedia projects utilizing 3D animations, video footage, text and graphic elements to a scripted story developed for target audiences, both technical and non-technical. This position is in the Visualization Team of the Technical Information Department.
- Assist in the conceptualization, design, and production of multiple moderate to complex animation and multimedia projects.
- In conjunction with editors and designers, create story concepts, story boards, and previsualizations for customers.
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements and schedules.
- Work with management on special projects involving multimedia design or animation.
- Under limited direction and supervision, manage and make production decisions on animation and/or multimedia projects.
- Perform moderately complex technical assignments in 3D animations, video productions, and multimedia presentations.
- Produce 3D assets for animation productions, including 3D models, shaders, and/or dynamic effects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recent Bachelor of Science Degree in animation/multimedia design or related field (within two years of application).
- Experience conceptualizing and effectively designing, planning, directing, and coordinating production of multiple, difficult to the occasional complex, animation and multimedia design projects.
- Skilled in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, and After Effects).
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya, Unity, Unreal Engine, Substance Painter, Zbrush and/or Mudbox.
- Experience in production of animation and multimedia projects.
- Demonstrated academic achievement as a technical artist in areas such as 3D modeling, shader design, rigging, custom scripting, and/or dynamic effects.
- Ability to conceptualize and effectively design, plan, direct, and coordinate production of multiple moderately complex animation projects.
- Ability to work within a team, balance creative expertise with customer objectives and engineering requirements.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a one-year Post College Appointee with the possibility of extension to a maximum of two years. Eligible candidates are recent graduates within two years of the month of the Bachelor of Science Degree in animation/multimedia design or related field degree at the time of the employment offer.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search process.
Find out about future opportunities by registering your details with us.
Just upload your resume and complete a few simple questions about the type of position you are looking for. Once your profile is complete, our recruiting team will be able to match you to suitable roles.
We look forward to staying connected with you!