Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Post College Appointee to provide analysis and solutions to diverse real property asset management activities. You will help collect and analyze information to guide management decisions regarding real property, including investments in new construction, maintenance, recapitalization, and disposition. This position is in the Laboratory Strategic Infrastructure organization.
- Prepare data analysis using National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and LLNL real property information/cost/project systems.
- Assess data flow and reporting capabilities to identify improvements to meet critical monthly and annual deadlines.
- Gather information for metrics and track historic data to improve data delivery, enhance integrity of data, and reporting.
- Establish and enhance effective working relationship with LLNL’s customers, stakeholders, and other organizations in Weapons Complex Integration Principle Associate Directorate (WCI PAD), Operations and Business (O&B) PAD and Headquarters (HQ).
- Contribute to the development of new work processes, tools, and procedures for real property asset management.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to evaluate and document facility and equipment condition, needs, and gaps.
- Develop innovative means to communicate current state, risks, and needs with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recent Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field.
- Ability to apply basic and business approaches to problem-solving (plan, analyze, and execute).
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience analyzing and applying problem solving to business issues.
- Experience working effectively with limited supervision in an environment with changing deadlines, instructions, priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Intermediate experience with personal computers and associated word processing, database and spreadsheets software, e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as the ability to learn new software.
- Extensive experience with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Exceptional writing skills.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a one-year Post College Appointee with the possibility of extension to a maximum of two years. Eligible candidates are recent graduates within two years of the month of the Bachelor's degree at the time of the employment offer.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search process.
Find out about future opportunities by registering your details with us.
Just upload your resume and complete a few simple questions about the type of position you are looking for. Once your profile is complete, our recruiting team will be able to match you to suitable roles.
We look forward to staying connected with you!