Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We are looking for a Faculty Appointee to design the curriculum and teach a course on Computer Vision, covering introductory and advanced topics. You will work with the Data Science Summer Institute (DSSI). The DSSI offers data science graduate and undergraduate students a summer internship opportunity that applies machine learning, statistics, and high-performance computing to real-world problems. Interns work on activities related to a broad spectrum of topics in data science and technically relevant to LLNL’s national security mission. This position is in Computational Engineering Division (CED) within the Engineering Directorate.
- Design a curriculum covering modern and state-of-the-art machine learning methods for Computer Vision applications.
- Collaborate with Lab researchers to consult and advise on applications of machine learning and computer vision.
- Provide subject matter expertise to develop solutions to complex science problems.
- Build collaborations with LLNL and the university research group that will lead future publications.
- Interact with Laboratory staff working in the areas related to data science and its applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing faculty member or teacher affiliated with an accredited institution.
- Experience in modeling complex problems using statistical methods.
- Active in the research area of Computer Vision.
- Significant computational skills to include implementation of state-of-the-art machine learning methodology.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information in an instructional setting.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate in a team environment or as an independent contributor.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: None required.
Note: This is a Temporary Faculty Scholar appointment. This assignment is typically a full-time position during the summer academic break.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.