Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a graduate-level student to engage in practical experience to further their educational goals. You will provide administrative hiring and onboarding support to the Hiring & Onboarding Team within the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED). This role involves developing, implementing, and documenting sustainable onboarding processes for newly hired employees. In addition, this role will also contribute to building and maintaining division-wide operation processes and tracking employee provisions for internal employees. This position is in DTED supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
- Work alongside the DTED Hiring & Onboarding Team to provide support to new employees and facilitate onboarding process development.
- Work with administrative operations tam to improve processes for tracking furniture, group office moves, and office reconfiguration projects.
- Identify and drive efficiency in onboarding processes by proposing recommendations, developing process improvement strategies, and documenting results.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and implement solutions to cross-departmental onboarding needs.
- Execute comprehensive communication strategy to strengthen new hire adjustment and engagement.
- Assist administrative staff with various projects and activities and provide advanced support to staff with limited supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At the Graduate Level (Exempt):
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an graduate-level degree in Business, Communications, Web Design, or related field.
- Advanced experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment to understand and identify operational inefficiencies.
- Advanced experience applying business principles to solve complex problems.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills and work in a team.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience hiring and/or onboarding new team members, staff, or employees into an organization.
- Experience developing communication content across various channels.
- Experience implementing program development strategies.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Note: This is a Temporary Student Intern appointment. This assignment is for a full-time position during the summer academic break. Refer to the Scholar Program website at https://scholars.llnl.gov/ for additional student employment information.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.