Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have multiple openings for an Additive Manufacturing Post College Appointee. You will conduct applied research in additive manufacturing in support of the Laboratory’s core missions. This position is in the Computational Engineering Division in the Engineering Directorate.
- Implement laser deposition algorithms and analyze results.
- Implement and maintain production quality software coupled with a website interface.
- Program in a high level programming language such as Python.
- Perform careful analysis of real world data.
- Document progress in the form of written reports.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of projects and fully function as a team member on multidisciplinary teams.
- Recent BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Math. (Within two years of application).
- Demonstrate programming skills in one or more higher-level programming languages such as Python, C or C++.
- Experience with one or more of the following in a basic or applied setting: statistics, web development, machine learning.
- Love for learning and ability to self-study a new topic and apply knowledge to advancing science.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: None.
Note: This is a one-year Post College Appointee. Eligible candidates are recent graduates within two years of the degree at the time of the employment offer.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search process.
Find out about future opportunities by registering your details with us.
Just upload your resume and complete a few simple questions about the type of position you are looking for. Once your profile is complete, our recruiting team will be able to match you to suitable roles.
We look forward to staying connected with you!