Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
Computational Engineering Division (CED) offers continuing graduate students the opportunity to engage in practical research experience to further their educational goals. Opportunities include technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computational Engineering, or other related fields.
- Students will work with engineers, scientists and technical staff members to provide technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computational Engineering, or other related fields.
- Under limited direction and supervision, will conduct research in assigned area.
- Gather and analyze data or information in support of scientific research.
- Performs technical assignments of a basic degree of complexity and provide advanced technical support to scientist in scientific research and development projects.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing a graduate degree or completed their Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in Engineering Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience applying advanced engineering or scientific principles to solve technical problems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas, research projects, and give a technical talk/presentation.
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- GPA of 3.5 or above.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: None required.
However, if your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Note: This is a Temporary Student Intern appointment. This assignment is for a full-time position during the summer academic break; a co-op position, full-time during the academic semester/quarter, or a year-round part-time position during the academic year and full time during academic breaks. Refer to the Scholar Program website at https://scholars.llnl.gov/ for additional student employment information. Salaries are based on student academic level. Selected applicants will be required to provide transcripts.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.